About Me

My photo
I am happily married to my wife Denise for 13 years. We have a daughter and she is 8 years old, her name is Hailey. We also have a cat named boots and he is the best cat that anyone can have. We both love to cook and bake when we have time, I do most of the cooking because I am a stay at home dad right now, who is looking for a new job. We just wanted to share our recipes on here with everyone so that they can make the same things that we make. Hope you enjoy this Blog and we update it whenever we make something new in the kitchen.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cheeseburger Twist

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
1 tube of refrigerated sheet crescent dough
1 egg
1tablespoon water
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Foil line a 13x9 cake pan and spray with cooking spray.

Brown ground beef , once browned, drain grease and empty beef into large bowl and set aside to cool. Using the same pan that is slightly greased from the beef, saute onion and green pepper until soft. Add to ground beef. Add all the cheese to the ground beef and onion mixture and toss until all mixed.

Unroll crescent dough sheet onto prepared baking pan. Gently press larger to flatten curly end. Pour beef mixture down the center lenghtwise of the crescent dough, leaving about 2" on each end. Cut slits into the sides of the dough Approx. 1" wide. Fold up the starting end of the dough, then alternate sides, bringing 1" strips one at a time to the top and layer down the mixture to create a braid. Fold up the final end and press gently to secure.

In a separate small bowl, beat the egg with the water and brush over the top of the braid.

Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. I served with a fresh lettuce salad.

I also made this same recipe into single serve pockets by using big and flakey crescent rolls, all I did was unroll the crescent roll and place one triangle piece on baking dish, then I layed the second half on top and made a pocket out of it, I then added the meat mixture and filled it up, once filled I crimped the last side and sealed it shut, I baked them about 25 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment